Schitzophonic

Friday, August 12, 2005

Set Your TiVo to Red: Battle of the Reality Stars

Although modern reality TV has just turned 5 years old using the original Survivor as the definitive c-section for the genre, I'm anxious to see how this bunch of z list celebrities can extend their face time from 15 minutes to 16 minutes on the new Bravo series Battle of the Network Reality Stars. Such a show beckons me back to the old days of Circus of the Stars and Celebrity Challenge of the Sexes. What I find most interesting about the list is that they did a pretty good job in selecting the people I find interesting. In addition to some usual suspects (Richard Hatch, Omarosa Manigault Stallworth and Susan Hawk) there are a few surprises. Here's a few of the highlights for me:

Charla and Myrna (Amazing Race)
Nikki McKibbin (American Idol)
Wendy Pepper (Project Runway)