Schitzophonic

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Flickr Off

Last night when I walked from my kitchen to the bedroom carrying a freshly dispensed glass of cold filtered water something gigantic caught my eye in the door jam of our bathroom. Enormous earth shaking cock roach love. I've lived with roaches before and can deal with them when I know they're there, but when caught off guard I can't recover. So I ran screaming and demanded that J. be the judge, jury and executioner for this pair who defiled our door frame.

He made fun of me and called me names, but in the end he saved the day with a swift blow from the Steve Madden pink thong sandal after joyfully watching them finish their encounter. Just kidding.

Anyway, after the carnage I retreated back to bed only to be overcome for a moment with regret. What had I done? Is there anything that would have made a better photo montage on my new (and fairly empty) Flickr account [user name schtzo] than the image of a cock roach couple making sweet love in the shadows of a city bathroom followed by their violent and untimely murder?

I thought not...until this morning when I took Yoki for a walk through Kalorama Triangle park...

A homeless gent enshrouded in a white sheet lay spread across the lawn like a fallen soldier on a battlefield (okay...it was only one person). Encircling him was a pack of neighborhood dogs, urinating and deficating and sniffing and playing while the owners sipped their morning brew while discussing the current heat wave. I couldn't help think that this would be the thought provoking photograph that would result in hundreds of comments and an international following. But as I pulled my camera phone from my pocket, my conscience pulled harder and I slipped the phone back without a second thought and without a Flickr photo to post.

If that person is there tomorrow morning though, I'm taking the photo.