Schitzophonic

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

My Public Service Announcement

If you have misspelled a word in your lyrics to make a pun, it is no longer clever. Instead, it shows you are truly putting the "ard" and not the "art" in retarded. I'm not one to point fingers, The Bravery, I'm sure it was just "An Honest Mistake." I like you anyway....I just wish you didn't sound like everyone else and that everyone else didn't sound like you...I hope I'm not being an "Out of Line" "Tyrant."

Update: As a disclaimer, I am the worst speller in the world and many of my jokes and puns don't come off, so I should be more forgiving. My issue has more to do with the fact that there are so many good bands coming out these days that offer the whole package (Arcade Fire, Bloc Party, Tegan and Sara) that i just don't have time for these blatantly bad lyrics. Avid readers will remember my similar discontent with Dogs Die in Hot Cars...

...and to boot, I'm much more interested in the music...