Schitzophonic

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Aerial

I've decided to reserve Kate Bush's new album, Aerial, for walking, lazy Sundays, and perhaps a country drive. The unexpected (FOR ME) release of her latest effort caught me off guard, but the depths to which the album touched me with its lush instrumentation and beautiful lyrics surprised me even more. So, to prevent tarnishing this album by overplay or unenjoyable experiences, there will be no playing Aerial during rush hour, at the gym during cool down, or while at work.



Maybe it's just the place I'm in right now, constantly drowsy and looking for escape, but this album definitely ranks as my favorite album of the year and may go beyond into the decade. I'll hopefully have time to update this post with a more meaningful review, but in the meantime keep the tracks "Aerial," "Sunset," "Prologue," and "The Coral Room" in mind as my four stand out tracks. Truly sublime from beginning to end.