Schitzophonic

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

New Album Reviews

BRIEFLY
Ladytron: I've always liked Ladytron, but never loved them. I LOVE Witching Hour.
CoCo Rosie: Noah's Ark playful nature results in a Billie Holiday meets Bjork that some may embrace and others may shun. I fall into the first category. Chances are if you haven't heard of CoCo Rosie yet, this album isn't going to change that. Worship the cover art.


Depeche Mode: Playing the Angel takes them back to their days of Violator and Music for the Masses which makes me perfectly happy.
Franz Ferdinand: I never dug their first album except for the single, but this second album takes the best of their sound and folds it into some nice Beatlesque melodies. Moi Excellente!
Elbow: I love Elbow, but after their sophomore album Cast of Thousands blew me away, I find this one a little vanilla.
Fiona Apple: Might be interesting or might be blowing smoke out her ass. I haven't decided which it is.
Junior Senior: Not impressed upon first listen, but I finally got it and bigfoot dance now!